Go back to normal view
A celebration of God’s gift of marriage.
Can we get married at St. Paul's?
A couple can marry in this church if:
one of them:
1. lives in the parish or
2. is on the church’s electoral roll
They can also marry in this church if:
one of them:
3. has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
4. has regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
5. was baptised in the parish or
6. was prepared for confirmation in the parish or
one of their parents, at any time after they were born:
7. has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
8. has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
one of their parents or grandparents:
9. was married in the parish.
If none of 1-9 applies, yes, they can still marry in this church if:
10. they are granted a Special Licence.
How much will it cost?
Legal fees payable to this church - Set by the Church of England for 2018
Summary Table of Fees for 2018 >>
Full details of the Church Of England Statutory Fees for 2018 can be found here >>
In addition there are St. Paul’s Barton – Parochial Church Council (PCC) Fees. From 01.01.2018
To secure a wedding booking, a non-refundable deposit of £129 is due before the reading of the banns. This is necessary to secure the booking of the organ and organist (£100) and the reading of the banns (£29).
The banns will be published on the first three Sundays of the month before your marriage at the 10:00am service.
Cheques are made payable to St. Paul’s Barton PCC.
What to do next...
To contact us about arranging your wedding at St. Paul's please contact us using this form and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
Want to know more?
For more much more information about weddings in the Church Of England and how to plan and arrange your special day see the Thinking of a Church Wedding page >>
Banns of Marriage Application Form
Click here to view or download >>